Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

I attended St. Matthew's for Good Friday services today, despite the fact I never really get into a Good Friday service there. I appreciated that the Bishop addressed the child molestation by priest issue. I greatly appreciated the community of Catholics present, feeling less alone in commemorating a day that is so meaningful. I appreciate hearing the Passion, a story I've heard so many times but am always profoundly affected by.

But I never quite "feel" that parish. I think I need to try to get to St. Joseph's next year, or somewhere else. Easter is late next year--Lent doesn't even start til after my birthday. I need to remember, or maybe pick that weekend to go home.

I still miss going to Holy Thursday services with mom. As a kid, you never would believe the things you'd miss that much.

No comments: