Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day, Belated

I didn't write about Valentine's Day, but it was quite nice. I bought our favorite lamb loin steaks from Whole Foods (from New Zealand!) and I grilled them with S&P, garlic, and rosemary. I also sauteed some asparagus as well as made our favorite mashed potatoes.  I bought some cajun shrimp and bread/olive oil dip for snacks, and we each had mini fruit tarts for dessert. Simple and easy, and less pricey, even with the inflated Whole Foods prices, than going out. I also received some beautiful roses.

Valentine's Day is a good moment to ponder having so much love in my life, particularly after all of the craziness of last year.  I am happy to have wonderful parents, siblings, three awesome nephews, gracious in-laws, great friends, and of course the husband.  A girl can't ask for much more (can she? Well...).

No comments: