Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome to 2012

So we had a burst pipe late on Wednesday night. Lovely start to 2012.  While I am doing my best to focus on the positive--we weren't out of town, we have good insurance and $$, we can get the floors and cabinets replaced, etc., I am still bummed about the amount of time and effort this will all take, let alone the lack of a full kitchen for who knows how long.  It is a pain to have ventilation equipment going all of the time, and it's a pain to have to take time off from work. And not to mention all of the furniture. I feel for the last three years, all we've done is be uprooted and not able to be comfortable in our own home. Maybe that makes me "used to it," but it just makes me aggrieved.  At least the husband has been zen. I'm the one having nightmares about the house flooding and then having to go to work, feeling like I missed out on something!

So hopefully the rest of 2012 goes better, but considering its inauspicious start (NYE sickness, poor Daz, everyone else in the family having to make costly repairs), it can't get much worse, right???

No comments: