Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011

The years I don't go to Michigan, Christmas is always a little different. I don't know if I don't look forward to it as much, or just try to be not be as excited because I am not seeing "my" family. It is bittersweet, I guess. And that does not mean I don't enjoy being in Texas with my "other" family. It only means that it is different.

Anyway, ten memories I will take from 2011..

1. Ping pong kitchen island.
2. Forgetting two sticks of butter in the dressing.
3. A million and one pictures of baby Ethan in the basket.
4. Cooking December 26 dinner of Shrimp Scampi.
5. Rob getting trashed as he asked us to be guardians.
6. Running into Adrian at BW's during Football Saturday.
7. Lots of Starbucks, including Christmas morning.
8. My pretty new sweater.
9. A longer, horrible 10K at the gym on December 26.
10. That crazy flight home, particularly the BWI-DCA leg. Ugh.

Of course, I will remember time with family. Including feeding baby Ethan. Such a sweet boy, and how much do I want one of my own!!!

No comments: