Monday, January 30, 2012

End the Occupation

Please, let today be the last day of the monstrosity that is Occupy DC.  While I am so (not) surprised to see that 15,000+ have signed a petition to sustain the occupation, I do hope there is an "End the Occupation" petition somewhere. Really, there is no point to this idiocy other than the amusement of those of us amongst the 99% who have to go to jobs every day to support ourselves. I hope that when I pass McPherson Square today, the movement is done and gone. But somehow, I doubt that. I do hope that my consolation will be seeing some of the occupiers taken away in handcuffs.

Harsh, yes. Particularly since it was my tax dollars that paid for that park to be resurfaced several months ago. Now it is utterly destroyed. They should have to pay for it.

No comments: