Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend in Detroit

Had a nice weekend in Detroit for mom's birthday. We had a homemade dinner of salmon on Thursday. Friday consisted of hanging out with Joey. Sigh. Highlights included playing cars and bouncing the balloon, blowing bubbles and playing catch over the fence, and candyland, which Joey won. Until, of course, he grew bored and decided to demonstrate his TV DVR skills. And he showed me how to check the tire pressure. I guess hanging out in dad's car with the AC is pretty cool. I think I remember liking hanging out in the car when I was a kid. Mom and I snuck in a trip to Lakeside after dad got home, and I found a $3.50 blue jacket at Sears. Score!

We had dinner at Outback, which wasn't all that bad. Saturday we went to the Tigers' game, which they lost. Lunch before that was pizza at Hockeytown, and I consumed more Miller lite than I care to again in my lifetime.And Sunday, mass and breakfast with Betty. Can I say again how nice, quiet, and normal it all was? I even got in some videogame time and pictures with Mr. Joseph on Sunday. He is growing up so, so fast, and I love when he ekes out "Lisa."  Man, do I miss the nephew!

No comments: