Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bad Eats, Good Company

Tonic Restaurant wins the award for my least favorite place to have eaten in recent months. It did have close competition in the supremely overrated Tru Orleans, which was just panned by Tom Sietsema, and Smith Commons.  Both were overpriced. While the latter had better food, both were too trendy for their own good, and I'm not sure we are terribly eager to return.  At least I enjoyed Liz and Ann's company at Tonic.  The food was cheap, though the service was horrid and the menu confusing. I don't feel bad for over-tipping when it took about a half hour to get drinks and even longer to get fairly average food, even if it was only a summer pizza, veggie sandwich, and salad.

Though I have to say that Foggy Bottom area is changing, with a Sweetgreen and a Roti open already, and a Whole Foods about to open. I will definitely be checking that out in a couple of weeks.

No comments: