Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sad News

I was upset to read Chris' post this morning about the death of his MIL in a car accident. Such a freak occurrence, and I know it happens. But I think of how sudden it was, how unexpected, how utterly tragic and unnecessary.  It hits harder, as you grow older, knowing your parents won't be there forever. I feel far, far too young to have to deal with that, though I know dad was far younger than I am when his mom passed away.  Like Justice S' son-in-law, only 49ish? How sad. Six children have lost their dad.  I mean, I just don't understand how these things happen.  Especially when it is so sudden, and you really don't expect to get that call now. Especially when your parent is so healthy, seemingly. So sad, and my prayers and thoughts are with them this week.



No comments: