Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Great DC Earthquake

The DC area experienced a 5.8 earthquake today   Yes, we all overreacted.  Kind of like snowmaggeddon.

At first I thought it was a really loud truck. I looked out my window and I realized that it wasn't.  Then for a brief second I wondered if it was a bomb.  It was a beautiful day, mostly sunny and blue skies and so like a certain day in September in 2001.  Then of course, it registered that it was an earthquake. We left the office, stood outside chatting, and then we went back up and then we left.

Steve called as I was leaving from the office, and only then did I really let it register that it wasn't some kind of terrorist attack. Crazy how that resonates still.

But yeah, it was crazy.  But thankfully, no real damage and all is safe.

No comments: