Monday, August 24, 2009

The Last Ten Days

Sooo....the last ten days in a nutshell:

  • Met mom and dad, and we went to he Argonaut. Calamari and burger.
  • Someone ran into S's car.
  • Walked around the mall for 5 miles, saw the renovated American History Museum, finally. Then Granville Moore's.
  • Went to Woodlawn, the home of Nelly Custis.
  • Went to George Mason's home, Gunston Hall.
  • Made sea bass.
  • Dropped mom & dad at the airport, got car inspected, got paperwork signed for S.
  • DMV day!!!!
  • Las Vegas. Plane left late on Wednesday, and Star Trek did not work. So I finally got in at 3:30 am on Thursday, east coast time. Stayed at Bally's.
  • Hung out at the pool, and then went to see the Beatles Cirque du Soleil.
  • Then, the infamous party bus, with the diverse group of 50 somethings, 40 somethings, 30 somethings, and the 21 year olds.
  • The next day started with a facial (and a warning about eye lines), followed by browsing and the bachelorette festivities. Dinner at CatHouse in the Luxor. I will never forget Thunder from Down Under at the Excalibur. Then Voodoo Lounge at Rio, which I did not enjoy very much.
  • Saturday was blah. I should have gone home. We didn't do very much, though dinner at Ah Sin was an experience. And great conversation with C about football!! I will never get so many "free" things again. Then we traipsed to the top of the Eiffel Tower and then watched the fountain show at Bellagio.
  • Then home, though not without a "missed" connection. That Wolfgang Puck spinach, goat cheese, and mushroom pizza, not to mention the Sammy and good conversation with Jen, got me through, until I finally arrived home after midnight.
The end?? Eh. I had a good time hanging out with the girls, though I wished I had seen J more. Oh, well. Back to the grind.

No comments: