Monday, August 10, 2009

Fun Weekend

We had a nice weekend with friends. Jenny's shower was on Saturday morning, and then we had the group over for fajitas Saturday night. It was great to see PK again, and his month back "home" has gone by too quickly. He came over again last night for croaker tacos after the boys went to see the Real Madrid/DC United game. I went to see Julie & Julia which was mostly terrific. Meryl Streep was SO Julia Child, and her marriage with Paul was just happy and sweet and endearing. It definitely made me a bigger fan of her. The Julia character grew to be annoying after a bit--narcissistic and self-absorbed. But I'm still going to read the book, just for the cooking/foodie part! And it was nice to see a feel-good movie, with (mostly) likeable characters, as opposed to violent, unhappy, depressing flicks. It was a nice afternoon, followed by a trip to Target. But sheesh, I spent a lot of $$ this weekend! And I still need a Vegas outfit.

No comments: