Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Square Root Day

Today is square root day, 3/3/9. I guess it only happens like 9 times, is that right, this century? Okay, so it is really math nerd day. It's also the day before my birthday. 33 on 3/4/9. So not perfect symmetry, I suppose.

So it's been twenty years since I became a teenager, back in 1989. Wow, twenty years. 13 was such an anticipated age, and it's scary to think that someone born in 1996 becomes a teenager this year. 13 was such a tough age, feeling and looking so awkward, not many friends, developing body, unsure of everything. Ugh. I would not want to be 13 for anything in the world.

I got a nice new pricey dress at Ann Taylor's last night, followed by steak and crabcakes at Hops. My steak on Sunday night was much better, yum! Quiet celebrations (in the snow, ugh!) are what is being called for this year. No need for splashiness; let's save that for New Orleans, right?!?!

So this has been a remarkable year full of weddings, homes, a new nephew. Not sure what the year ahead will bring but I hope it will be another happy one. One last toast to thirty two.

No comments: