Monday, March 16, 2009

Last Week

Busy but good week this past week. Interesting too. Yesterday's St. Patrick's 8K went well, 42:53. It was fun to catch up with S twice in a week (after dinner Thursday at Posto). The weather was lousy, but not bad for running. I felt pretty good, if a bit winded, til the last .1 mile, when I felt a little sick. I inhaled a bagel and apple, though, and recovered quickly. Now I need to think about a 10K.

Catching up ANM (well sorta) over facebook was well, quite interesting! Wow, how do things and people change. It is ridiculous to think they would not after twenty years, but that was a pretty drastic change. I am not sure what to think about it. I am definitely thinking about her, who she was then, was there a sign, could I have told. She never did have too many boyfriends, but we were thirteen! It does make me rethink the entire "popular" crowd mentality, how people hide who they are, or avoid who they are, or act differently than who they really were. But does anyone know very much about themself at 12 or 13? I have some of those same insecurities and I don't from twenty years. It is a part of who you are, but it does not define you. I hope to hear back from her, though.

No comments: