Monday, March 23, 2009

Movies

I saw FOUR movies this weekend, making up for some lost time. Yesterday, I saw I Love You, Man with the always very funny Paul Rudd, Rashida Jones, and Jason Segel. I thought about seeing something heavier, but something light and funny struck my mood. These actors are all great, and the movie was solid, fun, and perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

On Saturday, I saw the Changeling. The story was fascinating, though the film was a bit too long. I thought it was curious that there were conflicting accounts on what really happened to Christine Collins.

Then Friday, I watched both Rachel Getting Married and Reservation Road. Both were good, but not great. Rachel Getting Married was all about Anne Hathaway, and the rest of the film annoyed me in its pretentiousness, its PC'ness, its love of all things diversity and Connecticut. Reservation Road was a little too small town whimiscal for me, though the acting was stellar. A sad film, though, and Jennifer Connelly just rocked in her grief.

Eventually I'll see the Oscar flicks, but when given the opportunity, after three very somber movies (killing a brother, a son killed, a son kidnapped), I definitely am glad I went for funny yesterday. I needed it, though it seems so long gone already.

No comments: