Monday, June 30, 2008

Chicago

As always, Chicago was a good time. Started Friday night at Lizzie McNeill's with the usual suspects and a few new faces. Lots to drink. We started outside, went inside, then went on. Along with a drinking contest between Chris and Beth and getting the new guy to do car bombs, we had an enjoyable meeting.

I did a little shopping. Bought a slimming pink dress at Banana Republic, though I returned a skirt that just didn't work, colorwise, with me new black jacket. Oh, well.

Dinner Saturday was at NoMI. The sushi appetizers were fantastic, along with this artichoke soup with bacon foam. The beet salad with goat cheese was tasty, though fragile. I did not like the lamb chop. Too fatty. Though perhaps I should have eaten it; I was a little hungover afterwards. And the pineapple soup was silly; a couple of small chunks of pineapple and cream. Summery, sure, but not great. My least favorite dinner this year, by far. I was on a big sushi kick in Chicago, though. After-party was on the 7th Floor Park Hyatt bar, though those folks were snooty there. And MGDs were even pricey!!

But it was a fun weekend. Now back to home and wedding stuff. Only 33 more days! And so much to do!!!!!!!

No comments: