Thursday, July 3, 2008

Recent Reading

I've been stuck in a reading rut lately. I did finish Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver about a week ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Barbara and her family spent a year only consuming what they could grow or what was raised locally. Lots of yummy recipes. It certainly rekindled my interest in gardening, if I ever were that ambitious. I've been trying for a while to eat more fresh fruits and veggies, and I think I'm healthier for it. Granted, last night at Front Page, I had two Sam Summers and a glass of pinot grigio. However, I also had a turkey burger sans cheese and mayor and pea pods on the side, instead of fries. Much healthier choice, and quite yummy. In my increasingly old age, I just can't eat that crappy junk food without feeling awful the next day. I've also gotten up early the last two mornings to work out, even running 3+ miles today. Since I've eased up on my quest to run as fast as possible, the running in the a.m. thing has gotten much easier. Would be nice to take off another five pounds, but it is more maintenance now than anything else. Plus, the drinks do add up, poundage wise...

But I digress. The book was a great read, and I think I'm going to seek out more memoirs and recollections to give myself a break from the history.

Busy weekend ahead. Out to DC Coast tonight, then the 4th of July (perhaps my favorite holiday!!!!!11), followed by the shower and a weekend with mom & Donna!

No comments: