Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wedding Shower

I had a wonderful weekend. Starting Friday, we celebrated a soggy 4th of July with friends, fajitas, and fireworks. The last at 1768, that is for sure. Donna came in around 11pm, and we sat on the roof and chatted.

Saturday I tried on my dress...whoo hooo! Final fitting before I pick it up in a few weeks. It fits beautifully. Now on to hair and makeup.

The shower was wonderful. Liz had quiche, pasta salad, strawberries, and cake, along with wine. I got gifts and everyone told stories about what qualities I possess to have a strong marriage. I think mom was quite happy; I bet she told all of her work friends about it today. I received some wonderful gifts--C&B storage containers from Meg, wine & cheese book and cheese tray from Donna, towels from Mike & Shay and Jenny, amex gift card from Moira, baking pans from Ann, pilsner glasses and wine from Sally, Target gift card from Cindy, nightie from Liz, and of course that lovely Calphalon set from mom & dad. Good stuff! Afterwards we went to Pentagon City for some Lebanese Taverna.

On Sunday, after mass and brunch at Luna, we went to see Dahlgren. SO eerie that in less than a month we'll be married there. Wow. We went to Whole Foods for some cheese and fruit for dinner on Sunday. Then Donna, later mom, left on Monday.

But a great weekend, and it is wonderful to feel loved and cared for by so many.

No comments: