Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Twenty Years

Maybe it was just having attended a twenty year reunion (not my own), and maybe it's just because J&J's 20th anniversary is coming up on Saturday. Twenty years ago I remember exactly where I was. I was finishing up driver's training, having just completed my Freshman year of high school.  We were about to go up north.

I remember those episodes so clearly, having watched them over and over and transcribed them.  I remember BNC's "All I have" and that ridiculous interruption during the first dance.  I remember the SOD and I remember how much I anticipated that week, after that stupid trial. It was a time before there were endless spoilers and no one knew really what would come next. It was Days at its peak, b/c I really don't think the show and their story ever was as good after that.

Twenty years! My favorite TV wedding. I did like Mallet & Harley's closely. Ross and Blake's was also good. But nothing compared to J&J forever. Sigh. I don't know if comeback #3 will live up to its hype, and I know I won't be watching as closely. But I will be lurking, and trying to move on from that day on July 2, twenty years ago.

No comments: