Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Music Lately V

Been a while, but streaming this gorgeous new song by Beirut named Goshen reminded me I should note my new favorite tunes.

I've been liking the War on Drugs, the new Death Cab for Cutie, the new Dawes, Foster the People (Pumped Up Kicks is the track of the summer), the Naked and the Famous, and Allie Moss.  Among others. Lots of good new tunes. All Songs Considered discussed their favorites tunes of the year, thus far. I agree with several choices, include Adele and Bright Eyes. I didn't care as much for the new Fleet Foxes.  I would have added Okkervil River, Cave Singers, Dawes, Middle Brother, Death Cab, Amos Lee, the Decemberists, Iron & Wine, perhaps others. Obviously lots of fantastic music this year. And we have six months to go!

No comments: