Monday, June 27, 2011

This last week

I have been away. I have been busy--Boston for work, and then we were in Texas and South Padre Island for the reunion. Had a disappointing stay at the Pearl but everything else was quite nice.

It was a respite from a time I'm barely holding on by a thread. Not a string, but a thread. My head hurts, I'm saddened and crying and I can't pretend that everything is okay. I miss my family and I miss my friends. And I'm tired of being used as a punching bag.

I need to go back to writing this all down, so I can take some comfort in this kind of catharsis. Right now it's music. After a wobbly first listen, I've been listening to the new Bon Iver and feeling its softness and comfort in that. Music is a little escape when the world is too much with you.

I've also immersed myself in the new David McCullough. He has made art and reading about art so  fascinating. The Gallery of the Louvre will be in DC and I want to see what I read about. He and Paul Johnson are simply the best writers and storytellers. Another book I will be sad to complete.

I hope things will get better and I promise to keep updating, no matter what.

No comments: