Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Resumes

So I keep getting resume submissions from lots of bad applicants. People who have the wrong employer listed, people who have the wrong date, who have typos and bad grammar.  Applicants who are SO very over-qualified that they would be a bad match, despite impassioned pleas that they don't mind the entry level-ness of the position.

It's really discouraging. I don't know if it is an entitlement thing, a bad economy thing, an education deficiency, or what. Any way you look at it, it's pretty discouraging. I sure had my problems finding positions, but I could not have possibly been this bad. At the least, I can write and spell check, particularly cover letters.

Anyway, I will keep on looking. Hopefully a few better applications will come across my desk soon.

No comments: