Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer

It's officially summer and hotter than hell out. I am hoping to adjust my running to 90+ degree days, not to mention high humidity, and lots of sun. Back last winter, when we had ridiculous amounts of snow, we missed this. Funny how your perspective changes. I guess I am just happy I can drive to the gym or the grocery store as opposed to hiking through a ton (literally) of snow.

We leave for St. Lucia in 8 days. Summer vacation is another reason to anticipate the season. This is what else I like about summer:

--skirts and dresses
--fresh produce, particularly berries!
--lots of daylight
--the 4th of July
--traveling for fun
--frozen yogurt
--bright colors
--less new tv, which means more time for reading
--more relaxed days at work, because the lawyers are on vacation
--Congressional recess, which means less traffic
--our second anniversary in less than six weeks

No comments: