Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another Good One

It was another pretty good weekend. We went to Belga with Moira on Friday night. I had mussels, which made me very happy. It was a pricey meal, but worth it to sit outside on an only 90ish degree day (opposed to the 93 degrees now at 8pm).

Saturday we watched the US go down to Ghana, again. Ugh. Then we caught up on shopping at Nordstrom's before going to the Arena Stage at Crystal City for R. Buckminster Fuller. He was this sort of brilliant, eccentric, inventor/physicist/architect/philosopher/writer who lived an interesting life through the first 80% of the twentieth century. The actor was amazing, remembering over two hours of dialogue. Wow. I am not sure what one thought in particular I came away with, but I remember thinking of It's a Wonderful Life...how one person can make a different, one person affects everyone, and never be a passive thinker or doer when so much is yet to be done.

Hopefully, I'll catch up with Angela before we leave for St. Lucia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: