Thursday, June 18, 2009

Good Run

I had a glorious 6+ mile run last night. It was the perfect combination of nice weather, a little bit of rainy mist, a 2pm coffee, and just general energy. I could probably repeat those conditions and maybe have that same run. But days without high humidity are getting rarer in DC, so I will appreciate those fantastic workouts when I can have them. I'm sure I'd be lucky to knock out a 5K today.

But DC is a fantastic place to run. I went down Maryland to 6th to North Carolina, to Penn and then around the capitol all the way down the mall to 14th Street. Running home into the wind, there is nothing like seeing the capitol to give you some energy.

I guess S's comment about how much tougher it is to run at 25 as opposed to 21 or 22 also propelled me. Poor thing. When you're only competing your marathon in 3 1/2 hours, I'll be really feeling bad for you!!

No comments: