Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Better than Ezra

For the first time in eons, I went to a concert last night. Better than Ezra was playing with Tyrone Wells at the 9:30 Club. I've definitely lost track of how many times I've seen them--five? Maybe six?

It was a great show. We started at Vinoteca for some malbec and some sliders, than on to the Club. I forgot what it was like to be on the floor and how packed/crazy it gets. Tyrone Wells was good--his song More is in the trailer for My Brother's Keeper. BTE of course rocked it. I am negligent in getting their new CD, though I've listed to Absolutely Still at least a dozen times. They played most of my faves...Lifetime, Good, In The Blood, Desperately Wanting, Sincerely Me, Porcelain, At the Stars, Rosealia, Extra Ordinary, Misunderstood, King of New Orleans, Porcelain, Juicy. New stuff too. I think that's all...closing with the Blur Song 2 and In The Blood completed the show for me. Good stuff. I would have preferred a few other oldies but goodies...maybe Daylight or Rewind or WWOZ or Allison Foley or Under You or Live Again or Happy Day Mama. But no complaints. It was a solid show, as always. Not the best I've seen them--the first time was best, still--but very enjoyable.

But I need to go to more concerts!

No comments: