Monday, June 8, 2009

Chicago

I'm not sure I even published a blurb about Philly, but that's ok. Chicago was a busy weekend, starting with an EL ride, heading to Heaven on Seven for a very-bad-for-you dinner of cheesy grits with shrimp. Then a White Sox loss to the Indians 6-0. Michelle and I met Saturday morning for breakfast at Grand Lux Cafe. It was fantastic to catch up with her, and she seems pretty happy. After the meeting, we had dinner at Everest followed by even more drinking and carousing and inappropriate behavior. Needless to say, I was not feeling 100% on Sunday morning, and I had to devote much time to detoxing yesterday. I managed a lazy run, in the heat, ugh. But at least I moved around, and I did need that. I did make a yummy Giada dinner of pasta with clams. Yum. Garlicky, lots of EVOO, and I've never made clams before. We'll be making this again.

Oh, and the Wings won 5-0 on Saturday, which became the first time I spent a leadership dinner tracking the game. I am hoping with fingers crossed that they can win Tuesday in Pittsburgh.

No comments: