Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blessings

Lately, life has been bittersweet. I've felt like things are OK overall...healthy, employed, financially secure, time spent with friends, etc. But you hear things that are unsettling...a friend who uses her grocery money to pay for the vet. A colleague's husband with cancer. People still struggling to find the right job, to cope with an unexpected bill, to not where they want to be a certain point in life. And I see extravagance and waste and entitlement all of the time. And it's not right. And then I catch myself sounding like one of those liberals whining about inequality. Just ugh.

So perspective is something to maintain, and the knowledge that life does not stay still, and what remains today can change by tomorrow. And to count your personal blessings while considering the needs and wants of others. And to resist entitlement. So this is how I'm thinking lately.

No comments: