Friday, March 28, 2014

How I Met Your Mother

So this month has been a whirlwind, though it's not over yet. On Monday, How I Met Your Mother ends its long run with the final reveal: why is Ted telling the story? How does he meet the mother? There have been clues in this final season, which has had some great episodes some very lame ones. But overall, it's been an endearing show, and the chemistry of the cast is wait-for-it legendary.

I hope there isn't a sad ending, though all hints are that there is some element of the bittersweet. Who wants the mother to be dead, or Ted to reunite with Robin? Or some other twisty ending? Maybe for once, there can just be some happily ever after?

At least there is some other television to look forward to: I'm still enjoying The Americans and I am very eagerly awaiting the first half of the last season of Mad Men. Though I still think it's a cop out that the season was split. But that way you can savor it longer, right?

No comments: