Monday, March 10, 2014

Ten Busy Days

How is it March 10? We've had a busy week that continues with more travel. Birthday weekend was fun, with great meals at Le Grenier, Acqua Al II, and an overrated brunch at Georgia Brown's. Big Board worked fantastic for the party--more food than we needed, but good service and the space worked very well. It flew by, as it always does. We also saw Capitol Steps, which had its clever moments but it grew less funny with each skit. I think some fresh material about our president is needed.

This weekend was Gainesville, and I met Aunt J at Devil's Millhopper for a picnic and a short hike down the sinkhole. Then on to the University of Florida and the symposium. Spent some time at the Swamp catching up with some usual suspects. Then home. Of course, we had the craziest airport experience ever, where we ran into Romney and Ryan as we boarded. Um, yeah. So I may not have gotten the best selfie ever, but I will take one picture, that turned out quite good. We were so excited about that. The entire flight home was full of VRWC types, like Kristol and Barone and SE Cupp. Ridiculous.

Oh, and there was a pesky birthday somewhere in there. We just had sushi at Kabuki which was nice, mellow. Quiet.

Now it's New Orleans, right. And life must settle down of course. But it's been a fun ten days. Now if I can just figure out how the power outage affected the garage.  As tired as I am, I'm grateful for one extra hour of daylight now. I can use it. And I can run after work, finally.

No comments: