Thursday, May 16, 2013

Fifteen

More to say from this past weekend, but fifteen years ago--May 16, 1998--I graduated from college. Wow. How times have changed, how time has moved on. I remember not having any idea of what would come next. It was so hard to envision myself after college--who would I be? What would I be like? I knew I was moving to DC, but I could not predict everything that would come next. Work. Husband. Travel. Friendships. Road trips. New family members. Mourning others.

High school was rough. College was fun, and I treasure those friendships. And I'm so glad that I maintain some of them years and years later. What came after has been even better. It's never perfect, and every year brings new opportunities to grow. But fifteen years later, my time at SMC still affects me. Its legacy propels me as I move forward in life. Cannot believe it's been 15 years since DQ runs, Toronto trips, Boone's, football games, the 'brare and the DH, dorm rooms without cable or internet, the Avenue, and that beautiful May day. I remember how sunny and clear and beautiful that day was, not a cloud in the sky. One unforgettable moment among many. 

No comments: