Monday, May 6, 2013

Block Party Time

For the second year in a row, we had nice weather for block party 2013. I mean, the pictures tell all, but it was a great day of neighborhood pride, fun, friends, meeting new people, eating, food, competition, drinking, matching t-shirts, and revelry. It reminds me of those days in Detroit, where you knew everyone family on the block. Where kids could ride their bikes in the streets, blow bubbles and get their faces painted and play cornhole and meet who lives next door to them. It's a different time, now, but I hope those children will always have fond memories of days like Saturday where a little piece of 1985 or 1965 still existed. So much fun. And I felt like I could pay it back by finally working on my flowers and tree box just a little yesterday. It's been exhausting to find time to do all of this! So busy lately, right?


No comments: