Monday, July 2, 2012

DC Derecho

Everyone in DC is now familiar with the term "derecho" after this past weekend's destructive storms that left hundreds of thousands of homes without power. In triple digit heat, that is not fun (see Pepco on Twitter).

The month started memorably, and family will be here soon. There's the 4th of July this week. Then possibly Miami and Philly. Then Texas. Then Uganda. Then ordinary time? Well, a visit to Cincinnati. And I will have a chance to congratulate my brother & Megan in person. Baby. Wow.

We went to the DC United game this weekend.  It was nice to have some time on our own. And then we spent time watching the pathetic 4-0 trouncing of Italy via Spain in the Euros finale before getting sucked into the Olympic trials. Those athletes are so amazing to me. Has it really been 4 years since the last one? Beijing?

Here is hoping for a a great July. At least my clean new contact lens are here and I can see!!!


No comments: