Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Long December

How is it December?

I have less than 2.5 weeks of work left for 2011, and I'm already accidentally writing 2012 dates. It's like I've mentally moved on to next year, when I turn 36 and have even more big decisions ahead. It's been a long year, though how in the world is it already December?

There's a lot to look forward to...a quick trip to Chicago, friends in town, a vacation, hopefully a raise, Texas, and some down time to focus on the house and each other.  I am trying to live more in the daily presence lately, even though I have a hard time with that. I always want to jump ahead or move on to the next thing.

So my Advent prayer is for patience for the present, and presence in the present.  And the courtesy to enjoy this long December one day at a time.

No comments: