Monday, September 15, 2008

Wedding in Dallas

We headed to Dallas this weekend for about 30 hours to attend Steve's friend Elaine's wedding. It was a nice wedding, dampened a bit by Hurricane Ike which wreaked havoc on Houston (and all of the way to Cincinnati, too!). The wedding was nice, less free-flowing alcohol than ours. Music was good, the sea bass was terrific, and I loved the cake. I was still hungry, though, at the end. I met his old high school classmates Chris and Gus. It's so neat yet strange that there's this Harlingen network that still keeps in so close touch after 16+ years. I always wonder if there were folks I went to school with who are still friends. I suppose. Anyway, it's such a different perspective going to weddings now, because you know what goes on behind the scenes, and there's this natural sense to compare what you did and how it was better (or different!) to the wedding you are attending. Their entrees were better, probably, and maybe their cake. But our music and dancing and alcohol still killed!!!!

We also met his friend Marissa at Mi Cocina, and we met her three year old daughter Gabby. Very good tex-mex (I stuck to fajitas) and margaritas. We're such lushes, though!

No comments: