Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering September 11

From a story in today's Post: "I know how to dress for a funeral, but how do you dress for a wedding?" she remembers asking her mother one day in their home, in the Alexandria section of Fairfax County.

Seven years later, I remember being at this desk, typing out a silly email about U2, when I heard the news. I remember calling S, I remember worrying with Jenny about friends of friends who worked at the WTC, I remember walking down 18th Street with more people than ever out on the streets of Washington, DC. I remember finding out I knew a victim at the Pentagon, and I remember sitting at Lauriol Plaza that night, watching the police and the horses marching down the street. I remember the memorial at St. Matthew's, not able to enter, but reciting prayers and singing on those steps.

The headline at Fox News is "The Fight's Still On." Osama bin Laden is still out there, and terrorism is still a threat.

Remembering Barbara Olson.

More from that day.

God bless America.

No comments: