Thursday, May 29, 2008

Waiting Games

The webpage tells me we have 65 days to go to the wedding. I feel like waiting has been a theme lately....waiting for the job offer to come, waiting for the nephew to be born, waiting for the shower and to see Donna, waiting to board flights or whatever. I am not very good with patience. Sometimes things are worth the wait--like I am sure the last episode of the season for Lost tonight. Some things are not...like another delay in SE's job news. I keep waiting for my phone to ring and for him to have good news.

So what else is new...not much. We have invites ready to be assembled this weekend, and I have a fitting for my dress on Saturday at 11am. I have to do some shopping for groceries. I'm traveling again next weekend, so I have to get ready for that and figure out my wine strategy. I have no nice Summer clothes; I hate my wardrobe and want to find some new summery things. We have to book a honeymoon. We have to sign off on some other wedding related contracts. I have to buy jewelry and gifts.

I am missing my ten year reunion this weekend. I am sorry to miss it; I haven't been back in South Bend since May 17, 1998. That seems so long ago now, and I remember at the time that I could not contemplate what my life would be like after college. The last decade of being in DC, almost exactly, is full of lots of great memories, and some not so great ones too. Hopefully I can make it back for a football game this fall, or at least my 15th reunion.

No comments: