Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Old Friends, New Friends

I had an opportunity to get together with an old college friend on Saturday before the wedding. Angela and her husband live in Cincinnati, and she's an occupational therapist. He's studying to get a Master's in Special Ed. It was so nice to visit with them, as it was nearly four years since we last got together! Wow, time flies! She hasn't changed much, and I mean that in a good way!. It was so nice to visit, and we discussed getting together for our ten-year reunion next summer. Part of me hoped the reunion would come at another happy occasion, but probably not my happy occasion :)

I'm also planning to see K&A in Wyandotte this weekend. I miss him around the office. I know that old girl scout verse...Make new friends but keep the old...well, that certainly applies. No matter how many different directions you go in or how much time has passed, it is always so nice to see some friends from ten years ago, or one year ago.

Elsewhere on the "new" front, I bought both overly pricey Josh Ritter and Rilo Kiley CDs. I would just get them off of itunes, but I am old school and I like having the CD, just in case. Plus it is so nice to have something physical in hand with music. I hope the Josh Ritter CD is as good as the early reviews.

No comments: