Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Celebrations

We had dinner at Bourbon Steak in Georgetown this past weekend to help a friend celebrate 4-0. The latest in a series of birthday celebrations for those born in 1974.

I have a little time to go before that particular milestone. Though I think I remember these guys turning 30. Or 26. And they remember each other turning 21. And here they are, friends so man years later, really a half of a lifetime later.

I am a little uneasy as this year starts. I don't know why. I don't feel particularly happy or content, but I'm not necessarily unhappy. It's an odd thing, I think. To just feel at the edge, and not entirely comfortable. Maybe there's a sense of groundhogs day, and maybe I'm just waiting for that family development I want and don't talk about.

There will be other steak dinners and other celebrations. And other field trips to what used to be the Brickskeller. How much time have we spent there over the years?

But where I am at, at 37 going on 38, I am not sure.

No comments: