Thursday, January 2, 2014

This is the New Year

2014 is about 40 hours old, and I'm still processing the last ten days of 2013. More so than previous years, the holidays flew by. Maybe it was the shortened period between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and maybe it was just not being at home, with less time off between Texas and New Year's. Maybe because I was yearning for it to be over. There was some great break time on the Island, and some needed family time. But it was chaotic and not particularly restful. There was less chilling and reading and not even one opportunity for a blissful walk around the mall, picking up cheap lotions and calendars. It was always a whirlwind, which I guess sums up 2013.

I don't know what this year will bring. I mean, I know what I would like it to bring. But I hope it brings peace, love, quiet, and family time. Anything more is just a bonus.

No comments: