Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Fall

75% of this year is over, and yet I don't feel like I've accomplished much of anything. Sad, right? The night is creeping into the day, and the daylight is shrinking. It's still 75-80ish, so there's an air of summer out there. Not sweater weather or even pumpkin latte weather yet, really. Though in a month, the holidays will be screaming in our face, and we'll all demand Thanksgiving food and Christmas decorations immediately.

Do I do resolutions? No, not so much. There's this refrain about "begin again" that plays whenever I realize that if I did do resolutions, they would not work out so well. The song would pause, restart, and never end.

I feel like I've played out the same old tune this year. Nothing new, no family news or professional news or home news. But that's good, right? Not to lose anyone, or not to struggle with family sickness or friends facing tragedy.

I feel a little at loose ends, a little discombobulated lately. A little struggling to make sense of something I don't know/can't know how to change. So I don't think October is the greatest of months. I always prefer Spring, to reawaken, and to grow. 



No comments: