Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Orleans 2013

I've been lucky enough to travel to New Orleans several times over the years. Maybe ten time? This year we ate at Domenica on Friday night. The clams pizza with oregano, calabrese pepper, garlic, and olive oil was delicious, though I suspect that copious amounts of butter helped its cause. We also at Commander's Palace, and despite the restaurant being a bit of a pain, the meal was every bit as good as I remembered it last time I dined there a decade ago. The very sherry spiked turtle soup was good, but a bit too much booze. And the shrimp remoulade was delicious. The filet mignon was also just perfect. I wish we had bread pudding, however.

I also saw some of "true" New Orleans at the Maple Leaf bar. The answer to how many people were in the Corey Henry Treme Funktet? Nine. That is how many are in a Funktet. Great music, but we certainly are getting older and slower with our aging livers.

Always a good weekend, but I was so grateful to be back at home.

No comments: