Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Car Search

Well, I think the Jetta is about to meet its maker, because we aren't going to spend $2500 in repairs for a car barely worth $2500. So we're on the market for a new car, maybe an SUV, a smaller one, and I'd prefer something American (can take the girl out of Detroit, but not the Detroit out of the girl, right?). The Ford Escape is one possibility, and I am intrigued by the Buick Encore. We know nothing about buying cars, simply because I've only done that once, and not for 13 years. So this is all a mystery, whether we buy new or head to Carmax.

Anyway, I will have many memories of the Jetta. All of the times we took it to the shop. When it told me to STOP driving and pull over. When it started violently shaking on the Memorial Bridge. All of its failed inspections. When we didn't think it would make it to the beach after leaving the dealership. The check engine light coming on as he left the dealership. The broken mirror resulting in the chain reaction leading to the beer bottle incident. The fender benders. The sunroof getting stuck. Ah, so many memories, so few of them good. We're more than ready to move on.

No comments: