Monday, September 17, 2012

The Weekend III: The Race

Steve ran his first half-marathon and rocked it yesterday...the Navy Five Miler and Air Force Half. It was not at all crowded. He finished in 1:52:26, for 8:35/average. Wow. He finished in the top 30% of finishers, which was impressive in a half with a lot of serious, military athletes. He has the bug!

I did the Navy Five Miler, which was my best race in a little while, after some rather lackluster earlier attempts. I finished in 42:49, for an 8:34 average. It was good for 7th place, out of 146, in my age group. Top 5%, I will take it! About the top 21%. Again, I will take it. Much better than the 10Ks, and my speed was decent. Maybe I could have been a little faster, but I will take being competitive in my age group anytime.

No comments: