Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11 Amnesia?

The media seems to have gone past the 11th anniversary of 9/11. The Washington Post doesn't really have any coverage. Neither does National Review, though Weekly Standard has posted several pieces. And the New York Times ponders how to cover these anniversaries? The shift is away from comprehensive coverage, and not it is personal moments of remembrance.

I've written before about 9/11, where I was and how I remember it. What I remember so much about the morning was the blue sky and the perfect, perfect September weather. Like it is today: blue and mild and sunny and warm.  Like September 11.

We remember Barbara and all of those others, the victims and survivors and those who left behind. And even if the Washington Post doesn't see this as a front page story today, they won't forget and we won't forget. Let the Chicago teacher's strike, the election, NFL football, etc. take the headlines. Drudge's simple cover photo of the carnage of the World Trade Center is all you need.  And I realize that the generation of kids in high school were no more than 6, or 3, on that day, but they will never forget, either.

I saw a little plane flying today on my walk to work. Flying high out of DCA.

God bless America. Today and always.

And if you read one thing today, read this. 

No comments: