Monday, August 20, 2012

Cincinnati & Family

We had a very nice weekend in Cincinnati. Paul and Megan are fantastic hosts--from all of the fabulous food (like filet, quiche, key lime pie, chicken enchiladas), drinks, and tour. We went to the top of the Carew Tower, to the Hofbrauhaus for ridiculously large beers, to brunch at Teller's with good friends, to very good thai cuisine in Mt. Adams at Teak. They did not steer us wrong in recommendations.

I will remember playing pool, discussing the baby, watching Friday night fireworks, their beautiful view, cool Chase, running ridiculously rolling hills and getting my a$$ kicked multiple times as we went through the park and to the stadiums, a certain someone's overzealous workouts, and just hanging out with my brother. Not sure when we'll see each other next. Family is too important to wait too long.

And on that note, I am sad for Donna. My heart aches right now, and I can't imagine how she feels. I don't want to imagine how she is feeling.  All I can do is try to be there. Hopefully that will work out.

No comments: