Friday, December 18, 2009

Best Music of the Year

I have yet to create my definitive best of music list of the year (I'm waiting til the bitter end...or maybe during our blizzard this weekend I'll get bored and start it early!), but here are some of woxy's picks, and what I've also liked:

Grizzly Bear, Phoenix, Animal Collective, Passion Pit, the xx (how did I JUST discover them...love VCR!), Metric, The Pains of Being Pure of Heart, Neko Case, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Monsters of Folk, Andrew Bird...well I could go on. The list is here.

I've really enjoyed getting to know some new music this year. I haven't completely made up my mind yet, but near the top would be Florence & the Machine's Dog Days Are Over, Beach House by the Cave Singers, M Ward's Stars of Leo, U2's Breathe, the xx's VCR, something from Swell Season, something from Monsters of Folk, Story by Great Northern, something by Fanfarlo, Noah and the Whale, the Avett Brothers....gosh, there's been SO much good music this year. I'm not really sure where to start. With what I've seen for 2010, from Spoon and Shout Out Louds and Yeasayer and Charlotte Gainsbourg, I'm positive we'll have another great year ahead.

No comments: