Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More Music

Been listening to this today. The song "All the Pretty Girls" is currently my fave on the latest Paste sampler.

All Songs Considered is considering the decade's most important recordings. What that means, I don't know. Kelly Clarkson is among them, which means influential, not necessarily best (though the explanation that her success really paved the road for future Idols is certainly true...she could have flopped ala Justin Guarini). Actually, Britney on the list just makes me sad. Not that the list-maker uppers added her, but that something with as little talent as she possesses has made such a mark on this decade of music. This actually might inspire me to come up with my own ipod list, though god, I can't believe that this decade is coming to a close in six weeks. I've gone from 23-33, single to married, FS to...well, FS.

I think a little more time does have to go by to fully evaluate the decade in music. Looking back at the 90s, I doubt the N'Sync/Backstreet Boys blandness is really as important now as it was then. And some artists are just beginning to emerge, and I think they will prove far more profound in a few years time than even now.

No comments: