Thursday, November 5, 2009

Best Of, Already??

It's only November 5, but apparently, Amazon is releasing the first "Best Of" 2009 list already. It's music.

What I own (or have some of) on the ipod today:

48 Thao, Know Better Learn Faster
37 Cass McCombs, Catacombs
35 Antony And The Johnsons, The Crying Light
32 A.C. Newman, Get Guilty
31 U2, No Line On The Horizon
30 Imogen Heap, Ellipse
29 Cave Singers, Welcome Joy
22 Iron & Wine, Around The Well
15 The Swell Season, Strict Joy
14 Grizzly Bear, Veckatimest
13 Passion Pit, Manners
11 Metric, Fantasies
10 Camera Obscura, My Maudlin Career
08 K’Naan, Troubadour
07 Animal Collective, Merriweather Post Pavillion
05 The Avett Brothers, I And Love And You
04 The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
03 Phoenix, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
01 Neko Case, Middle Cyclone

It is two months too early for me to come to my own conclusions, though I do love some of the Passion Pit, Avett Brothers, and Swell Season. Breathe by U2 will show up as favorite tracks, along with Girls by Animal Collective and of course the Cave Singers. And then there are the tracks I've been assembling on my new music in 2009 list on my ipod so that will help me sort. Gosh, is it already November? I know there has to be a number of tracks out there that I still will fall for in 09!

So, also, I finally took the plunge and ordered a new camera off Amazon, since there were some Sony deals for $159. Very excited to finally have a quality digital camera. I just hope I have a chance to fiddle with it before the convention.

No comments: