Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jury Duty

I was stuck on jury duty yesterday...luckily, I got out of it. Though in a way, I would not terribly have minded a few days on a jury, since after a decade of working with lawyers, I've never spent much time in a court room (thankfully, right?!).

The day was rather long and boring, though I did have plenty of time to catch up in my reading. In my current historical obsession with the antebellum period, I'm hoping to (finally) wrap up American Sphinx. I'm currently a few hundred pages into What Hath God Wrought, which I'm hoping will finally lead me to (re)read Waking Giant, which a year ago, amidst moving, I could never fully get into. I think the former will help engage me into the latter. And after this, perhaps the Civil War? I'd like to go find a short bio of James Madison, though he seems to be an even more neglected framer than John Adams.

No comments: