Wednesday, September 30, 2009

U2: Larger than Life

Last night's U2 concert was certainly larger than life, a spectacle of lights, flashes, crazy loud sound, and masterful music. Sigh. Highlights: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Beautiful Day, City of Blinding Lights, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, One...

The set list:

09/29/2009 FedEx Field - Landover, Maryland, USA
Breathe, Magnificent, Get On Your Boots, Mysterious Ways, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet), Elevation, Your Blue Room, Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet), New Year's Day, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, The Unforgettable Fire, Mofo (snippet) / , City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (snippet), Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On
encores: One / Amazing Grace (snippet), Where The Streets Have No Name, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), With Or Without You, Moment of Surrender

Of course, there was preaching. Iran. AIDS. Africa. Burma. Teddy Kennedy. Ugh. And this review encapsulates the concert the best I've seen. Yeah, it was a shorter show. Yeah, Blue Room? Yeah, nada from Zooropa? Hell, I was happy they skipped Pride, which is now tied with New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday as my least favorite, way over-played U2 songs. I also wanted to hear The Fly. And yeah, it started out too slow. But hey, the music is awesome. So glad I went.

I believe this is the show I saw them last.

No comments: